Payroll services for businesses
Supporting businesses in Liverpool, Wirral and beyond, we make paying your team hassle free, offering flexible, outsourced payroll services with a fully integrated BACS payment system.
An overview of Payroll services
At first glance, managing your company’s payroll may seem to be a walk in the park. Calculate their hours, add on any expenses and away you go… right? The reality couldn’t be more different with even the slightest hiccup relating to payroll leading to some very disgruntled employees and, in more severe cases, unwanted attention from HMRC.
As an employer, having a payroll system that runs smoothly, accurately and on schedule is essential. But with often complex calculations, ever-changing legislation and changes to employee allowances and deductions, keeping everybody happy can be more difficult than you’d think.
No matter the size or nature of a business, the management of payroll can be extremely time consuming, taking you or your team away from more profitable activities. Outsourcing this function to a specialist payroll business, therefore, is a logical step forward, relieving pressure whilst freeing you up to expand and improve your business.
Why choose Phil Owen & Co.?
Delivering the accurate, flexible and efficient payroll service your business demands, we produce payslips on time for payday and operate a fully integrated BACS payment system on your behalf. Convenient and cost-effective, we’ll even register your employees with HMRC, completing annual returns and updating HMRC to comply with real-time reporting requirements. We’ll also keep you up to date with changes in relevant legislation as they happen.
For those with slightly different requirements, we can also provide support with CIS payroll, the reporting of benefits-in-kind, claims for tax relief and dispensation applications.
Want to learn more? Why not arrange a free consultation with our payroll team? We’ll visit your offices, or you can come to our Liverpool HQ. Get in touch with our friendly team today.
Why use Phil Owen & Co.?
- A respected firm of chartered accountants, we’re trusted by hundreds of businesses and private individuals throughout Liverpool, Wirral, Cheshire and Lancashire.
- Thanks to our ICAEW Chartered status, you can rest easy, safe in the knowledge that both your business and personal finances are in capable hands.
- We’re no ordinary accountant. By getting to know your business and its goals, we’re able to provide proactive, expert advice that adds genuine value to your team.
- Regardless of their size, following an introductory phone call, all new clients receive a free consultation, either at their premises or at our offices in Liverpool.
- From sole traders and SMEs to national I.T. and construction businesses, our accountancy services are tailored to suit our clients’ individual requirements.
- We take pride in the friendliness and approachability of our staff. From the moment you first make contact, we’ll treat you as we’d like to be treated ourselves.
Dont just take our word for it...
Dane Fennelly, Managing Director E2E Technologies
“E2E have used Phil Owen & Co. for a number of years now. The service we’ve received has been first rate with requests dealt with promptly and advice provided proactively. I couldn’t recommend them highly enough.”
Kevin Collins, C.B. Transport Refrigeration Ltd
"As a multimillion pound turnover business we have used Phil Owen and Co Limited as our accountants for many years and have made substantial tax savings as a result of the Research and Development claims advised by Phil. We would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a professional service.”
Ian Johnson, Company Director (Private Individual)
“Phil Owen's services were recommended to me by a friend a few years ago and, I have to say, I haven't been disappointed. From day one I've received an excellent service.”
Paul McHale, Contractor (Sole Trader)
"I was referred to Phil Owen when I became a sole trader a few years ago as I was struggling to find the time to deal with my finances as well as work six days per week. Their advice was really easy to understand and proved very helpful to me and I haven't looked back since."