Year end accounts for businesses
A trusted firm of Chartered Accountants based in the heart of Liverpool, we support clients across Merseyside and Wirral, helping them structure their record keeping before preparing and submitting their year end accounts.
An overview of Year-end accounts
The submission of year end accounts – often referred to as statutory accounts or abridged accounts – is a legal requirement in the UK, with all limited companies having to do so within nine months of their financial year end.
Many businesses are confused by their obligations, however, often having questions or concerns surrounding their preparation and submission.
Firstly… when exactly are your accounts due? Secondly… do you need to submit a full set of statutory accounts or a simpler set of abridged accounts, thereby hiding potentially sensitive information from prying eyes? Thirdly… exactly what needs to be included? All of these questions and more need to be answered with relevant, easy to digest information available when required.
Despite their importance, all too often we’re contacted by companies, sole traders and partnerships unhappy with the service they’re receiving from their current accountant.
Why choose Phil Owen & Co.?
At Phil Owen & Co. we’ll provide the timely, expert advice you deserve, helping you to structure your record-keeping processes more effectively. Not only will this make for a more smoothly running business, it’ll also make the preparation of your year end accounts that much easier.
We’ll also be on hand by phone or in person to answer any questions you might have, giving you the support you need to make truly informed decisions about the future of your business.
For those looking for even greater assistance, we can support your team with the likes of VAT and Corporation Tax returns. No matter what the subject, however, you can rest assured that our advice will be tailored to you and your business.
Want to learn more? Begin the process with a free consultation. You can visit us at our Liverpool HQ or we can come to you. Talk to our team today.
Why use Phil Owen & Co.?
- A respected firm of chartered accountants, we’re trusted by hundreds of businesses and private individuals throughout Liverpool, Wirral, Cheshire and Lancashire.
- Thanks to our ICAEW Chartered status, you can rest easy, safe in the knowledge that both your business and personal finances are in capable hands.
- We’re no ordinary accountant. By getting to know your business and its goals, we’re able to provide proactive, expert advice that adds genuine value to your team.
- Regardless of their size, following an introductory phone call, all new clients receive a free consultation, either at their premises or at our offices in Liverpool.
- From sole traders and SMEs to national I.T. and construction businesses, our accountancy services are tailored to suit our clients’ individual requirements.
- We take pride in the friendliness and approachability of our staff. From the moment you first make contact, we’ll treat you as we’d like to be treated ourselves.
Dont just take our word for it...
Dane Fennelly, Managing Director E2E Technologies
“E2E have used Phil Owen & Co. for a number of years now. The service we’ve received has been first rate with requests dealt with promptly and advice provided proactively. I couldn’t recommend them highly enough.”
Kevin Collins, C.B. Transport Refrigeration Ltd
"As a multimillion pound turnover business we have used Phil Owen and Co Limited as our accountants for many years and have made substantial tax savings as a result of the Research and Development claims advised by Phil. We would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a professional service.”
Ian Johnson, Company Director (Private Individual)
“Phil Owen's services were recommended to me by a friend a few years ago and, I have to say, I haven't been disappointed. From day one I've received an excellent service.”
Paul McHale, Contractor (Sole Trader)
"I was referred to Phil Owen when I became a sole trader a few years ago as I was struggling to find the time to deal with my finances as well as work six days per week. Their advice was really easy to understand and proved very helpful to me and I haven't looked back since."
We're trusted by organisations and individuals throughout the UK
Need year end accounts preparing?
To find out how Phil Owen & Co. could support your business, why not get in touch? A member of our accounting team will be only too happy to help.
Get in touch today
Complete this short form and a member of our team will be in touch.