Business start up advice for individuals
A Liverpool based firm of Chartered Accountants, we guide you through the process of setting up a business, addressing all of the legal requirements, potential pitfalls and relevant best practice.
An overview of Business start-up advice
Starting out in business and presenting your ideas to the world should be exciting. For many people, however, it can prove to be an extremely stressful experience, often leaving them with more questions than answers.
- What business structure should you choose? Sole trader, LLP, partnership, limited company or perhaps even a charity?
- What are the tax implications for each of these structures?
- What do you need to do to register your business?
- Will you be required to sign up for VAT or PAYE?
- What happens should your new business fail?
As with most major decisions, when contemplating setting up a business, failing to seek out professional advice can often be the difference between success and failure. For the inexperienced, without expert help it can prove all too easy to slip up. What’s more, with the complexities of dealing with HMRC and the ever-changing nature of taxation law, such mistakes could prove extremely costly…
Why choose Phil Owen & Co.?
Offering a tailored service as part of our business start-up package, we address all of the legal requirements, potential pitfalls and best practice associated with setting up a business. As a highly respected firm of Chartered Accountants, we’ll support you as your business goes from strength to strength, providing the necessary guidance to make your start-up a success, not just now but in the long term too.
Following an initial meeting, we’ll offer the following services to help get your business off the ground…
- Free HMRC registration
- Free VAT registration
- Free PAYE registration
- Free National Insurance registration
Proud of the personal service that we offer, over the years our Liverpool accountants have helped countless start-up businesses along the road to a successful future. For those looking for further assistance, we can support their firms with all aspects of accounting, from bookkeeping and tax savings to year end accounts.
To get the process started, why not book a free consultation? We can come to your offices or you can visit our Liverpool HQ. Get in touch now.
Why use Phil Owen & Co.?
- A respected firm of chartered accountants, we’re trusted by hundreds of businesses and private individuals throughout Liverpool, Wirral, Cheshire and Lancashire.
- Thanks to our ICAEW Chartered status, you can rest easy, safe in the knowledge that both your business and personal finances are in capable hands.
- We’re no ordinary accountant. By getting to know your business and its goals, we’re able to provide proactive, expert advice that adds genuine value to your team.
- Regardless of their size, following an introductory phone call, all new clients receive a free consultation, either at their premises or at our offices in Liverpool.
- From sole traders and SMEs to national I.T. and construction businesses, our accountancy services are tailored to suit our clients’ individual requirements.
- We take pride in the friendliness and approachability of our staff. From the moment you first make contact, we’ll treat you as we’d like to be treated ourselves.
Dont just take our word for it...
Dane Fennelly, Managing Director E2E Technologies
“E2E have used Phil Owen & Co. for a number of years now. The service we’ve received has been first rate with requests dealt with promptly and advice provided proactively. I couldn’t recommend them highly enough.”
Kevin Collins, C.B. Transport Refrigeration Ltd
"As a multimillion pound turnover business we have used Phil Owen and Co Limited as our accountants for many years and have made substantial tax savings as a result of the Research and Development claims advised by Phil. We would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a professional service.”
Ian Johnson, Company Director (Private Individual)
“Phil Owen's services were recommended to me by a friend a few years ago and, I have to say, I haven't been disappointed. From day one I've received an excellent service.”
Paul McHale, Contractor (Sole Trader)
"I was referred to Phil Owen when I became a sole trader a few years ago as I was struggling to find the time to deal with my finances as well as work six days per week. Their advice was really easy to understand and proved very helpful to me and I haven't looked back since."