Self assessment tax returns for individuals
A Liverpool based firm of Chartered Accountants, we support company directors, higher income earners, CIS workers and more by completing and submitting their self assessment tax returns on their behalf, advising on any savings that can be made in the process.
An overview of Self assessment tax returns
Ask the self-employed which task they dread the most and there’s a good chance they’ll say completing their self assessment tax return. It’s time consuming, requires accurate record-keeping and some fairly tough calculations. For many people, this can lead to a considerable amount of stress.
Get it wrong or fail to submit it on time and HMRC could hit you with some pretty stiff penalties.
A self assessment tax return is intended to provide an accurate representation of a person’s income over a single financial year. Running from the 6th April to 5th April, it’s a form that many UK tax payers must submit to HMRC setting out exactly what they’ve earned during that period and from which sources.
But who actually needs to complete one? Well, it’s not limited to the self-employed, that’s for sure. If you…
- Are a director of a limited company
- Are a higher income earner (i.e. you fall into the 40% tax band)
- Work through the Construction Industry Scheme (CIS)
- Receive income from land or property in the UK
- Are a trustee or personal representative or non-resident company landlord
- Have more than one source of income (i.e. multiple jobs or a side job)
- Receive an income from investments (dividends) or a pension
… there’s a good chance that you may be legally obliged to submit a personal tax return. Even if you don’t fall into any of the categories listed above, HMRC are entitled to request a self assessment tax return from any UK tax payer.
Why choose Phil Owen & Co.?
Whilst some may possess the confidence to complete their return themselves, others may lack the time, experience or even the patience required. For those looking to relieve themselves of the burden, Phil Owen & Co. offer a dedicated self-assessment tax return submission service, providing absolute peace of mind and guaranteeing to get your return lodged on time.
Not only will we complete and submit your return on your behalf, we’ll also help pinpoint any tax savings that can be made, guaranteeing to maximise your tax efficiency.
To take the stress out of your self assessment tax return, begin with a free consultation. You can visit our Liverpool HQ or we’ll come to you. Get in touch today.
Why use Phil Owen & Co.?
- A respected firm of chartered accountants, we’re trusted by hundreds of businesses and private individuals throughout Liverpool, Wirral, Cheshire and Lancashire.
- Thanks to our ICAEW Chartered status, you can rest easy, safe in the knowledge that both your business and personal finances are in capable hands.
- We’re no ordinary accountant. By getting to know your business and its goals, we’re able to provide proactive, expert advice that adds genuine value to your team.
- Regardless of their size, following an introductory phone call, all new clients receive a free consultation, either at their premises or at our offices in Liverpool.
- From sole traders and SMEs to national I.T. and construction businesses, our accountancy services are tailored to suit our clients’ individual requirements.
- We take pride in the friendliness and approachability of our staff. From the moment you first make contact, we’ll treat you as we’d like to be treated ourselves.
Dont just take our word for it...
Dane Fennelly, Managing Director E2E Technologies
“E2E have used Phil Owen & Co. for a number of years now. The service we’ve received has been first rate with requests dealt with promptly and advice provided proactively. I couldn’t recommend them highly enough.”
Kevin Collins, C.B. Transport Refrigeration Ltd
"As a multimillion pound turnover business we have used Phil Owen and Co Limited as our accountants for many years and have made substantial tax savings as a result of the Research and Development claims advised by Phil. We would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a professional service.”
Ian Johnson, Company Director (Private Individual)
“Phil Owen's services were recommended to me by a friend a few years ago and, I have to say, I haven't been disappointed. From day one I've received an excellent service.”
Paul McHale, Contractor (Sole Trader)
"I was referred to Phil Owen when I became a sole trader a few years ago as I was struggling to find the time to deal with my finances as well as work six days per week. Their advice was really easy to understand and proved very helpful to me and I haven't looked back since."
We're trusted by organisations and individuals throughout the UK
Need support with your self-assessment?
To find out how Phil Owen & Co. could support your business, why not get in touch? A member of our self assessmnet team will be only too happy to help.
Get in touch today
Complete this short form and a member of our team will be in touch.