Capital gains tax advice for business
Based in the heart of Liverpool city centre, we support businesses throughout the North West and beyond, providing expert, user friendly advice on how to minimise their Capital Gains Tax liability.
An overview of Capital gains tax advice
If you’re selling, donating or giving away land, property, shares or another type of business asset, you’ll need to consider Capital Gains Tax (CGT). Failure to do so may result in being paid an unwelcome visit from the taxman.
In some instances, you won’t have to pay any tax at all. In others, you’ll be able to minimise your CGT liability. What’s more, the timing of certain legislative changes can be key, often making it preferable to dispose of an asset either prior to or following that change.
There are ways to make CGT work for you, minimising your liability and maximising the benefits of certain exemptions or reliefs. That said, capital gains tax can be something of a minefield, to say the least but, thankfully, not one you have to navigate by yourself.
Why Choose Phil Owen & Co?
Whether you’re disposing of an asset or simply need advice concerning the treatment of employee shares or gratuities (tips), Phil Owen & Co. can help. We’ll get to grips with your business and its challenges before advising on the next best steps and, ultimately, boosting your tax efficiency.
And whatever you require, it’ll be tailored to your business. We take the time to understand your company and its ambitions.
If you want to benefit from our proactive and expert capital gains tax advice, then why not book a free consultation? We’ll even come to you, or you can visit us at our Liverpool HQ. Take the first step by getting in touch with our friendly team today.
Why use Phil Owen & Co.?
- A respected firm of chartered accountants, we’re trusted by hundreds of businesses and private individuals throughout Liverpool, Wirral, Cheshire and Lancashire.
- Thanks to our ICAEW Chartered status, you can rest easy, safe in the knowledge that both your business and personal finances are in capable hands.
- We’re no ordinary accountant. By getting to know your business and its goals, we’re able to provide proactive, expert advice that adds genuine value to your team.
- Regardless of their size, following an introductory phone call, all new clients receive a free consultation, either at their premises or at our offices in Liverpool.
- From sole traders and SMEs to national I.T. and construction businesses, our accountancy services are tailored to suit our clients’ individual requirements.
- We take pride in the friendliness and approachability of our staff. From the moment you first make contact, we’ll treat you as we’d like to be treated ourselves.
Dont just take our word for it...
Dane Fennelly, Managing Director E2E Technologies
“E2E have used Phil Owen & Co. for a number of years now. The service we’ve received has been first rate with requests dealt with promptly and advice provided proactively. I couldn’t recommend them highly enough.”
Kevin Collins, C.B. Transport Refrigeration Ltd
"As a multimillion pound turnover business we have used Phil Owen and Co Limited as our accountants for many years and have made substantial tax savings as a result of the Research and Development claims advised by Phil. We would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a professional service.”
Ian Johnson, Company Director (Private Individual)
“Phil Owen's services were recommended to me by a friend a few years ago and, I have to say, I haven't been disappointed. From day one I've received an excellent service.”
Paul McHale, Contractor (Sole Trader)
"I was referred to Phil Owen when I became a sole trader a few years ago as I was struggling to find the time to deal with my finances as well as work six days per week. Their advice was really easy to understand and proved very helpful to me and I haven't looked back since."
We're trusted by organisations and individuals throughout the UK
Need capital gains tax advice?
To find out how Phil Owen & Co. could support your business, why not get in touch? A member of our capital gains team will be only too happy to help.
Get in touch today
Complete this short form and a member of our team will be in touch.