Specialist advice for landlords
Whether an individual or a company, if you rent out property you could be liable to pay tax on the profits. Our Liverpool based Chartered Accountants will provide the proactive, professional advice you need to minimise your tax liability.
An overview of Landlords advice
Becoming a landlord may seem like a great idea thanks to rumours of high rental yields and minimal work… The reality, however, can be very different.
As a commercial or residential landlord you’ll have a lot to consider, particularly around the subject of costs management. Not only will you have to keep income tax and all your landlord-related outgoings in mind, you’ll also need to make sure you’re not paying too much tax. Whilst there are a number of allowances you can deduct, many landlords overlook these or even subtract the wrong costs resulting in expensive errors.
Why choose Phil Owen & Co.?
Under UK law any individual or company renting out all or part of a property may be liable to pay income tax on the profits. To minimise that liability, however, our team of tax specialists will advise as to the allowances that you could deduct to lessen your tax bill such as…
- Council tax
- Mortgage interest
- Ground rents
- Cleaning and decorating costs
- Accountants’ fees
Overlooking a possible deduction or deducting the wrong thing could prove to be a costly mistake. With our help, however, you’ll get the most out of your investment and could even begin to build a property portfolio. When you’re ready to take that step we can also advise on ways of raising the necessary capital.
A leading firm of accountants working with landlords throughout Merseyside and Wirral, we’re ideally placed to provide the professional advice and support you deserve. To arrange a free, no obligation consultation get in touch with our friendly team today.
Why use Phil Owen & Co.?
- A respected firm of chartered accountants, we’re trusted by hundreds of businesses and private individuals throughout Liverpool, Wirral, Cheshire and Lancashire.
- Thanks to our ICAEW Chartered status, you can rest easy, safe in the knowledge that both your business and personal finances are in capable hands.
- We’re no ordinary accountant. By getting to know your business and its goals, we’re able to provide proactive, expert advice that adds genuine value to your team.
- Regardless of their size, following an introductory phone call, all new clients receive a free consultation, either at their premises or at our offices in Liverpool.
- From sole traders and SMEs to national I.T. and construction businesses, our accountancy services are tailored to suit our clients’ individual requirements.
- We take pride in the friendliness and approachability of our staff. From the moment you first make contact, we’ll treat you as we’d like to be treated ourselves.
Dont just take our word for it...
Dane Fennelly, Managing Director E2E Technologies
“E2E have used Phil Owen & Co. for a number of years now. The service we’ve received has been first rate with requests dealt with promptly and advice provided proactively. I couldn’t recommend them highly enough.”
Kevin Collins, C.B. Transport Refrigeration Ltd
"As a multimillion pound turnover business we have used Phil Owen and Co Limited as our accountants for many years and have made substantial tax savings as a result of the Research and Development claims advised by Phil. We would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a professional service.”
Ian Johnson, Company Director (Private Individual)
“Phil Owen's services were recommended to me by a friend a few years ago and, I have to say, I haven't been disappointed. From day one I've received an excellent service.”
Paul McHale, Contractor (Sole Trader)
"I was referred to Phil Owen when I became a sole trader a few years ago as I was struggling to find the time to deal with my finances as well as work six days per week. Their advice was really easy to understand and proved very helpful to me and I haven't looked back since."
We're trusted by organisations and individuals throughout the UK
Need specialist advice for landlords?
To find out how Phil Owen & Co. could support your business, why not get in touch? A member of our team will be only too happy to help.
Get in touch today
Complete this short form and a member of our team will be in touch.